[mythtv-users] Wrong recoding time and wrong forward skipping

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 7 02:42:09 UTC 2016

On 08/06/2016 07:09 PM, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Both on 0.27 and now on 0.28 I have trouble with some recordings.
>
> For a specific SD channel the total recording time reported (OSD)
> is greater than the actual recording time.
>
> If I watch this recording and skip forward it first skips back
> to what could be the correct time and then the skip forward
> works normal from there.
>
> According to Google, this was a problem back in version 0.21, but
> was fixed. Could it be a regression in more recent versions?
>
> Let me know if I need to provide more information.

What do you mean "SD channel"?  Do you mean a channel recorded with an
analog PAL (seems unlike it would be NTSC) recorder (such as an IVTV
recorder or a frame grabber), as opposed to a less-than-high-definition
channel recorded with a digital recorder? If so, that may well be the
state of PAL and/or NTSC recording today--I don't think it gets much
testing, anymore.

Mike