[mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sat Aug 6 11:00:05 UTC 2016

> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> From: J.Pilk at tesco.net
> Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 11:49:27 +0100
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode
>
> On 06/08/16 11:38, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> >

> >> From: perkins1724 at hotmail.com
> >> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >> Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 04:08:44 +0000
> >> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode

> >> Ok just checked and mythtranscode is NOT deleting the original file in
> > fixes/0.27 using fifo mode.
> >>
> >> Sorry for the bad info.
> >> _
> >
> > I enabled the 0.27 repositories and did an update.  crashed everything
> > on reboot.  I don't think I shutdown the backend before I did the
> > update, so I'll redo today making sure the backend is stopped.
> >
> > What is the correct way to do this??
> >
> > Jim A
> >

> It may be the problem of mismatched database protocol; I don't think
> downgrading is supported.  Can you revert to a backup from 0.27?  But it
> won't include your recent recordings.
>
> John P

I may have confused the issue.  I'm testing on 0.27 from a fresh install but after I did:

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade.  Then rebooted. ran my mythtranscode test that work.

Next I used MCC to enable the 0.27 repositories, then did the same apt-get update/upgrade.

On reboot backend and frontend crashed/restarted in a loop.  I'm guessing because I didn't shutdown the backend before the update, that caused an issue.

I'm redo making sure I have a fresh install and the backend is shutdown before I update with MCC repositories for 0.27 is enabled.

Jim A