[mythtv-users] config.xml problem?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Aug 6 05:26:02 UTC 2016

Prior to installing the all new 0.28 backend on my server I thought it a
good idea to prepare a spare box as a frontend with the same updated
version.

Starting from a mythbuntu-16.04.1 install I've tried doing a frontend only
install but the control centre fails with errors in the plugins plugin! I
almost got it working by doing a backend+frontend install and then
deleting the backend but its come back to the same problem. Anyway, that
isn't the main issue.

The frontend says it can't connect to the database even with a config file
the same as the existing 0.27 frontend. I would expect it to connect and
then fail with a protocol version error but it doesn't get that far.

The error is "MythCoreContext::GetBackendIP(): No address defined for
host: localhost". Trying with mythavtest, the error is "Cant't connect to
local MySQL server through socket /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock"

Any ideas as to why the discovery of the database fails? Both boxes have
'localhost' as the host for it (even though they should be connecting to
the backend on my main Debian server).

I appears as though there is a hidden config file that is pointing at the
wrong place.

--
Robin Gilks