[mythtv-users] WebFrontend mod_proxy configuration

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Aug 4 02:48:46 UTC 2016

On 4 August 2016 at 11:29, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Anthony,
>
> Thursday, August 4, 2016, 2:45:46 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Having recently taken the plunge into 0.28 (it was rather painless
> > except for some libmyth dependancy issues during the initial
> > upgrade) does anyone have a working mod_proxy configuration for the
> > new WebFrontend (yes I know its not yet feature complete, just trying to
> get ahead of the game)
>

> > typically what I do is use mod_proxy on my external webserver to
> > proxy and authenticate mythweb connections to the internal mythweb
> > server, I'm hoping on doing the same for the webfrontend but its
> > proving overly difficult due to the numerous endpoints and all expecting
> to be relative to /
>

> > Below is what I do for mythweb
>

> > ProxyPass /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb
> > ProxyPassReverse /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb
>

> > which doesn't work for the WebFrontend
>

> > ProxyPass /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544
> > ProxyPassReverse /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544
>

> > I can get a somewhat working config but its rather teadious finding
> > all the endpoints and may be easier and cleaner with Rewrite rules
> > and conditions but I'm not well versed in these however this might be a
> good learning exercise.
>

> > Cheers,
>

> > Anthony
>
> Just a wild thought. Your talking about all wanting to work from their
> root, which really is a relative root. Have you tried running the
> relevant programs in a chrooted environment. Chrooting is a security
> thing, but it gives you a hard relative root.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Not really sure I have a choice in that its hardcoded into the WebFrontend
as part of the backend

ie. you get errros like
The requested URL /misc/overview.qsp was not found on this server.

the endpoints if found so far include but not limited too
/misc
/images
/Content
/js
/css
/3rdParty
/menu.qsp
/tv
/setup
/video
/Status
/samples

Another option might be to instead add an apache virtualhost so that
everthing for the new virtualhost is proxied at the / root level and not
under a sub folder.

I'm really just looking to see if someone else has already done the work
here so I dont have to reinvent the wheel

Cheers,

Anthony