[mythtv-users] WebFrontend mod_proxy configuration

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Aug 4 00:45:46 UTC 2016

Having recently taken the plunge into 0.28 (it was rather painless except
for some libmyth dependancy issues during the initial upgrade) does anyone
have a working mod_proxy configuration for the new WebFrontend (yes I know
its not yet feature complete, just trying to get ahead of the game)

typically what I do is use mod_proxy on my external webserver to proxy and
authenticate mythweb connections to the internal mythweb server, I'm hoping
on doing the same for the webfrontend but its proving overly difficult due
to the numerous endpoints and all expecting to be relative to /

Below is what I do for mythweb

ProxyPass /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb
ProxyPassReverse /mythweb http://mythtv/mythweb

which doesn't work for the WebFrontend

ProxyPass /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544
ProxyPassReverse /mythwebf http://mythtv:6544

I can get a somewhat working config but its rather teadious finding all the
endpoints and may be easier and cleaner with Rewrite rules and conditions
but I'm not well versed in these however this might be a good learning
exercise.

Cheers,

Anthony