[mythtv-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie Mythtv from 0.27 to 0.28

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 15:33:10 UTC 2016

On 08/02/2016 07:44 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Having followed these very clear instructions (thank you Peter) I now see
> mythbackend-master, libmyth-python, mythtv-dbg and libmyth at the new
> versions but not the frontend or the plugins.

Did you try just running sudo apt dist-upgrade, to upgrade all packages?

You can run
apt-cache showpkg mythtv
apt-cache showpkg mythtv-frontend
etc.
to show which packages are available. You should see your 0.28 version
listed.

You can also use
apt-cache search mythtv
to list all packages with the mythtv name.

It is possible that your previous version was installed from a different
package structure, which would likely interfere with the upgrade
process. If that is the case it will be better to uninstall the previous
packages and then install using the private repository.

Peter