[mythtv-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie Mythtv from 0.27 to 0.28

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Aug 1 10:08:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-01 at 21:34 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:

> > Quote/Cytat - Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> (pon, 1 sie 2016,
> > 10:26:52):
> >

> > > So I've followed the instructions at
> > > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian
> > > and it has built all the packages very nicely.
> >
> > Are the packages not available from https://deb-multimedia.org/? I
> > don't know because I use Stretch, not Jessie.
>
> No - that's why I built them...

Ah, the packages are there for Stretch:

https://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stretch/main/binary-i386/package/mytht

Jessie has 0.27. You might be able to get away with specify stretch in
the apt sources.list for deb-multimedia. If there are any dependency
issues that require Stretch then you just won't be able to install the
packages. Should be safe to at least try out.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
andrew at etc.gen.nz             |     linux.conf.au 2016