[mythtv-users] One step forward, two steps back - Frontends not woring properly

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sat Apr 30 19:09:00 UTC 2016

Damian,

You could try adding the Network Manager wait-online service.  I used it
before with some success when systemd was loading services too quickly.
The name is descriptive.  It is supposed to make systemd pause until
network devices are ready.  It does not always work but you can try it with:

sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

And reboot.  That might do the trick.  It's worth a shot, anyway.  You can
disable it if you want with:

sudo systemctl disable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

The service file name may be different in Ubuntu (capitalization?).  I'm
running Fedora.  Try auto-completing the service file name with the <TAB>
key.  It should be included with NetworkManager.

What Stephen said about assigning a static IP is good advice.  You should
pick an IP for your backend and stick with it.  There's no need to make the
situation more complicated with DHCP if you're not going to change the IP
of your machine anyway.

My two cents. :)