[mythtv-users] 0.28 mythfrontends just keep backing up DB and do not start

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Apr 30 04:24:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 21:42 -0400, Tim K wrote:
> On 04/29/16 14:48, Tim K wrote:
<snip>
> Has anyone been able to get 0.28 to work when the FE and BE are
> different hosts?

Problem here as well.
I just upgraded a stand-alone (unused) BE/FE to git master and set it up
as a remote BE/FE and that then stopped any FE from working properly..
Did not hard lock up immediately, lots of 7sec timeouts on MBE.

If I stop the remote BE service & reboot the MBE then all FEs work.

Suggest you check there are no BE services running on your remote FE.