[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 Mythfrontend

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Mon Apr 25 21:56:00 UTC 2016

Greg Thompson wrote:

> And just go with:
> disable_overscan=1

i think i tried that once...ahh, now i remember: in

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15700

     dom wrote:
     There's an experimental feature in latest firmware.
     overscan_scale=1

     means that all dispmanx layers are scaled, including EGL and video.

	This feature works a treat and is essential for overscan settings to be
  	respected by XBMC (in my case OpenELEC)

so lemme try disable_overscan=1
...oh, wait, i can't start peter's build from the menu 'cuz it's waaaay
overscanned, so lemme try shrinking the tv image...there! all on screen,
now...success!!! peter's build works, video perfect...except 4 the crashing
thing;-) a 500mb core takes 4evah 2 write!-)

thanx, none of my other hdmi inputs were overscanned, so i hadn't even thought
of it...