[mythtv-users] Disk Space / not-deleting-recordings

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Apr 24 17:48:21 UTC 2016

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 07:05:09 PM R. G. Newbury wrote:

> The dev attitude is like the devs at Fedora and Ubuntu who will not let
> you log in as root "because you shouldn't do that"... I know that, but
> when I am setting up a brand new install it is damn convenient to be
> able to re-boot and log in as root. I do NOT need to told that I can't
> DO that, because I shouldn't do that so we won't let you.

Am I missing something? I've used RedHat since 5.2 in the mid-1990s and RHEL and Fedora and CentOS in the last decade on a couple dozen desktops, laptops, and servers, and I've never been denied logging in as root at any point after I pull out the install CD/DVD.

Which Fedora have you been using?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca