[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Tuner Not Available

Barry Martin Barry_Martin_3 at Q.COM
Sat Apr 23 13:51:09 UTC 2016

Hi Geoff!

Thank you very much for the reply and the script.  Checked lsmod here
and it does appear the td118271, s5h1411, saa7164 loading sequence is
correct, however in  the mean time I have deleted the HVR-2250 tuner
card from the Backend configuration as Gene indicated/confirmed as was
being loaded to the Frontend.  (No idea how I did that -- might be
something for the Troubleshooting section in the Wiki.)

What I will try to do here is to get the HVR-2250 to load under the
Backend.  (Wrote note to self: do the 'stop Backend stuff' before the
'wget .. StevenToth' commands.)

(Admittedly semi-rambling: maybe with the HVR-2250 being loaded under
the Frontend, or at least in the wrong place is why in the MCC
configuration I couldn't see the HVR-1600 card, even though it worked.
I don't know enough to properly troubleshoot.)

OK, off to see if this will upload to the newsletter.  LIS in a previous
post, something is thinking I'm spam.  Also found my other e-mails do
and don't work: the GMail account isn't registered with MythTV and so
gets rejected.  What's that phrase about not for bad luck I'd have no
luck? <g>

Posting attempt "timestamp"  April 23, 8:50 a.m.

Barry