[mythtv-users] Questions about a new log warning entry since upgrade to .28.

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:47:31 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I upgraded to .28 about a week ago. And I have been seeing a new and
semi-frequent warning entry's in my backend log file.

The entry is:

MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[21108]: W TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3951
(TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[5]: It took longer than 3000 ms to get a signal
lock. Keeping status of 'Failing'

MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[21108]: W TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3953
(TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[5]: See 'Tuning timeout' in mythtv-setup for this
input

It is a straight forward, fairly easy to understand warning. With a
solution to boot!

However, I have Ceton internal tuner cards. And for the life of me I'm not
finding a 'Tuning timeout' setting to remedy the warnings.

I know it's only a warning. And only comes with some minor interruptions to
recordings, small jumps and jitters, solely with SD stations. And a live TV
fail or two. But nothing that I haven't seen before and would mark as
unusual. However it bugs me that there is a self explained, simple warning.
With a solution, I cant remedy.

Is there a 'Tuning timeout' setting for Ceton cards (that I just seem to be
blind to)?

Thanks.

Kris.