[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 ISO testing

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Apr 21 14:52:42 UTC 2016

Can we get someone to test the new ISO on hardware ASAP. We thought we had
this fixed, but I've got 1 report that the nVidia driver still doesn't
install from the ISO.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/mythbuntu/daily-live/20160420.1/

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:38 PM Marius Schrecker <marius.schrecker at lyse.net>
wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 19:52 CEST, Mike Bibbings <
> mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 19/04/16 11:26, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>
> Sorry Mike!  Meant to send reply to the list:
>
> On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:00 CEST, Mike Bibbings
> <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not seeing any judder at all, no errors in Xorg log file.
>
> Tested with Live TV and recordings SD and HD (MPEG-2 vdpau, H.264 vdpau).
> For me, judder usually shows up when watching Live TV on Sky News and BBC
> News channels, the latest news strapline going across the screen would be
> jerky, but it is quite smooth.
>
> Tested a couple of Videos (23.98 and 30 fps) with and without rate
> switching (Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback), again no judder.
>
> Mike
>

> Sounds good!
>
>  So 23.98 (24Hz) and 30/60Hz is what your TV is reporting for the
> respective frame rates?
>
> Thanks and BR.
>
> --Marius--
>

> Yes that is what TV reports. Note I normally have my TV set to 1080p 50Hz
> as I am in UK.
>
> Mike
>
> Excellent!

Thomas Mashos