[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

david brooke david2012brooke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:13:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Rich Freeman <r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 04/19/2016 11:28 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:

> >> Thanks - just to clarify.  Does logging to file work without logserver
> >> enabled at build time?  If the backend itself and its children can log
> >> directly to file/syslog that is fine by me, and seems similar to how
> >> things used to work before the logserver came along.
> >

> > Yes. mythAnyprogram without mythlogserver running will log as directed
> > by its --logpath or --syslog switches.
> >

> In that case, would a Gentoo OpenRC user mind doing a test for me?
> Edit the mythtv-0.28.ebuild file and comment out or delete the
> following line:
>         use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"
>
> Then install mythtv and let me know if your logging is working exactly
> as it did before.  It sounds like it should.  I'll update the ebuild
> again after we get the results of testing in...
>
> --
> Rich

Mythtv test for mythlogserver

Prior situation:
Gentoo OpenRC user
Installed mythtv 0.28 (before the mask on 4/16/16)
Mythlogserver not working
Other logs working ie mythfrontend, mythbackend, etc...

Current situation:
Gentoo OpenRC user
Installed modified mythtv 0.28
- use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"
+ #use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"
Mythlogserver not working
Other logs working ie mythfrontend, mythbackend, etc...

No change / difference between mythtv versions.