[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Tue Apr 19 16:28:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> All the original logging methods still exist.
> ie. syslog, to file(s)
>
> The only real logging change is disabling the logserver
> by default.
>
> Personally i always use logging to files, because i'm running
> both 0.28 and master in parallel to aid development.

Thanks - just to clarify.  Does logging to file work without logserver
enabled at build time?  If the backend itself and its children can log
directly to file/syslog that is fine by me, and seems similar to how
things used to work before the logserver came along.

--
Rich