[mythtv-users] missing database tables (weather)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 18 01:01:27 UTC 2016

On 04/17/2016 02:08 PM, Ryan Patterson wrote:
> During my preparations for upgrading to mythtv 0.28,
> mythconverg_backup.pl <http://mythconverg_backup.pl> failed to produce
> a usable database backup.  It errors because table
> mythconverg.weatherdatalayout is not present.
>
> I'm not sure why the backup script is dependent on those tables.

It's not.  Your database shows that those tables exist, but they don't.
Therefore, your MySQL database (not MySQL Server, but the mythconverg
database you're using on it) is broken.

>   I stopped using mythweather a long time ago.  But I certainly didn't
> manually remove the tables.
>
> Running optimize_mythdb.pl <http://optimize_mythdb.pl> does not show
> any errors or warnings.
>
> But mysqlcheck complains about three missing tables:
> weatherdatalayout
> weatherscreens
> weathersourcesettings
>
> I recompiled mythplugins with mythweather enabled.  I hoped running
> mythweather would create the missing tables.  But when I try and view
> or configure mythweather the frontend logs tons of SQL errors because
> of the missing tables.
>
> Any suggestions for how I can fix this?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/419174#419174

(and you won't need MythWeather plugin installed nor to re-create the
tables).

Mike