[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Apr 17 18:19:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> If enabled at compile time and started with no options (I did use --quiet)
> then no logs are created, as you'd expect.
>
> If either --syslog or --logpath were added, then the expected logs
> were created.

In that case maybe we should just enable the logserver at least for
now.  It sounds like the mythtv devs intend to replace it with
something else but they haven't done so yet.  (If any want to chime in
they can.)  I could see disabling it making sense on a pure systemd
distro, but I recognize that a lot of Gentoo users still haven't
migrated over.  ;)

Actually, I might just add a USE flag for it, probably defaulting it
to on.  Those who don't care about logging or who use systemd can
disable it.

I also updated the ebuild with a few missing dependencies.

Finally, I noted that Openelec at least still doesn't seem to work
with mythtv-0.28.  I imagine that will change quickly, but keep it in
mind if you're an early adopter.

When I get the ebuild updated I'll post a note for brave openrc souls
to do some testing.  I'll unmask it if all sounds well.  It was a
pretty painless upgrade overall though.

--
Rich