[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 Mythfrontend

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:48:03 UTC 2016

On 16-04-17 06:12 AM, Brian Knapp wrote:
> <snip>
> I mainly followed Curtis' guide for setting up mythfrontend on a Raspberry Pi.
> I started with flashing the SD card with Raspbian build: 2016-04-03.
> I setup the wifi on the Raspberry Pi 3 instead of using a wired
connection.
> <snip>

Thank you Brian for sharing your experiences.

If you are using WiFi on the RPi3, then video jerkiness and audio
stuttering can occur with the default WiFi power management settings.
To avoid this issue others have disabled this feature.  See Mike
Bibbings post on this:

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2016-March/385813.html

Also if you've installed/uninstalled and configured/unconfigured lots of
stuff on your RPi3, then you might consider starting from scratch with a
fresh Raspbian Jessie install.  That way you'll be starting from a known
state.

Please note that the video playback profile is stored on the Mythbackend
so it can be helpful to double-check that is has the settings you expect.

Regards,
Curtis