[mythtv-users] Firewire STB Node Address

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Apr 17 02:21:24 UTC 2016

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 09:22:38 PM Larry Kennedy wrote:
> I use the 6200ch program and a firewire cable to change channels on a
> Motorola STB.  The parameters of the script are the node address and the
> channel number:
>
> ./6200ch -n0 300
>
> The only problem I have is that the node address is sometimes 0, sometimes
> 1.  This changes after a reboot of the backend server.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to dynamically detect the node address
> (such as a udev rule, or a script to parse the output of plugreport) so
> that I can deal wih this issue?

The node GUID is supposed to be more stable across reboots, which I can verify.

Here's what I get from plugreport:

# sudo plugreport

libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x946269fffe90b8f8
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0090270001e2f030

And an example use for 6200ch:

# sudo ./6200ch -v -g 0x946269fffe90b8f8 302

And it hasn't failed since I started using it last August.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca