[mythtv-users] Lost sound in netvision and outside of Myth

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Apr 16 20:13:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 03:13 -0400, Ian Evans wrote:
> Myth sound is working fine. Thought I'd ask here because I'm sure many
> of you are better at this sound setup thing and can quickly point me
> to a really good article to fix this.
>

> The only change in the last day or so was adding Zoneminder. No sound
> settings there but who knows what might have happened during the
> install.
>

> Again. Myth sound works except for netvision. Outside doesn't work.
> Myth is set for ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3
>

> Here is aplay -l:
>
> card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog [ALC887-VD
> Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC887-VD Digital [ALC887-VD
> Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>

> Before I futz anything (else) up what should I be testing?

The recent advice given was to check:-
- same websites/interface with external browser
- same website with internal browser
- gstreamer libs etc
- log files

IIUC gstreamer is used with netvision.
Can test gstreamer with gst-launch/gst-play & a suitable pipeline to try
various local files with different audio codecs.
You can probably get it to connect to a web URL.

Beware that gstreamer versions 0.1 & 1.0 are available & possibly being
used.