[mythtv-users] One remote frontend can access Artwork, the other can't.

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Apr 16 19:56:52 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 20:17 +0100, Damian wrote:
> On 16/04/2016 17:58, Damian wrote:
> > On 16/04/2016 09:37, Mike Perkins wrote:
> >> On 16/04/16 01:11, Damian wrote:

<snip>

> > Also, I can access files on the server from both machines using nautilus.
> >
> > What's going on???
> >
> > Damian
>
> Update: Some (strange) success.
>
> On the frontend, I noticed in ...
> Setup > Media Settings > Video Settings > General Settings
> ... that the top line, relating to videos, was empty. The rest of the
> lines were filled in with /home/tv/.mythtv/Video/xxxxxx locations.
> I decided to try emptying all of these lines, like the top line, in the
> hope that it would look to the sever, instead of 'home'.
>
> And it worked! ... Mostly.
>
> I can now see artwork etc, which is great. However, it's not using the
> 'folder.jpg' images as the image for each folder. It's using an image
> from one of the files within the folder instead. This is ok for now (I'm
> much closer to where I want to be), but I'd still like to get to the
> bottom of what's going on.
>
> The other frontend is working absolutely fine, and that still has all of
> those /home/tv/.mythtv/Video/xxxxxx lines in "Setup > Media Settings >
> Video Settings > General Settings"
>
> Does this progress point to the source of the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Damian
As you have nautilus access to backend storage we assume you have
shares..
It is (supposed to be) very bad to have the frontend mythvideo
(optional) paths overlapping with the backend storage.
You can still have private folder for each local frontend.

Do you have some NFS/samba share that causes this overlap?
Maybe your share translates some filenames or only has partial overlap.