[mythtv-users] Unable to See Recordings in Storage Group After Upgrade to 0.28.

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 18:24:49 UTC 2016

On 16/04/16 18:48, lists at wilkesley.net wrote:

> I have also just noticed that files from new recordings are being
> recorded as .ts not .mpg e.g. 1001_20160416082010.ts

The format of the contents is still exactly the same as before. The
filename is just being given the correct extension.

 From https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/65766149/mythtv

"Change the default file extension for recordings from .mpg to .ts

.ts is the correct extension for untranscoded recordings from digital
recorders which use the MPEG-TS container. We have been incorrectly
using the .mpg extension which is only valid for containers such as
MPEG-PS

Some video players use the extension, or for streams the mimetype
which is derived from the extension in order to correctly parse the
files."

Richard