[mythtv-users] Lost sound in netvision and outside of Myth

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:13:55 UTC 2016

Myth sound is working fine. Thought I'd ask here because I'm sure many of
you are better at this sound setup thing and can quickly point me to a
really good article to fix this.

The only change in the last day or so was adding Zoneminder. No sound
settings there but who knows what might have happened during the install.

Again. Myth sound works except for netvision. Outside doesn't work. Myth is
set for ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3

Here is aplay -l:

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog [ALC887-VD Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC887-VD Digital [ALC887-VD Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: NVidia_1 [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Before I futz anything (else) up what should I be testing?