[mythtv-users] Fast delete watched recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 15 13:48:14 UTC 2016

On 15/04/16 03:55, Gerald Brandt wrote:

> I'd rather have watched recordings auto delete after a period of time (not based on disk usage),
> much like manually deleted recordings. Filling my hard drive with junk is a waste.

It isn't "filling your hard drive with junk". The files are already on there, they weren't junk
before you watched them, were they?

So long as mythtv can find space to store new recordings, it doesn't matter whether the space it
uses is already marked empty or it has to delete stuff to make room. You aren't using that space for
anything else, are you? If you are, your storage space is misconfigured.

--

Mike Perkins