[mythtv-users] Moving 0.27 to 0.28 same time as moving Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit to Ubuntu 16.04 64 Bit

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:14:03 UTC 2016

On 04/14/2016 12:07 PM, Byron Poland wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:49 PM Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 04/14/2016 12:43 PM, Byron Poland wrote:
>>> I'm having trouble getting the mythbuntu 0.27 packages installed on
>>> 16.04, it always seems to pull in 0.28 packages with what ever 0.27
>>> package I try (with 0.27 selected under Repositories in
>>> Mythbuntu-control-center)
>>>
>> I recommend just installing 0.28 on the 16.04 system.
>>
>>> Do both myth versions need to be equal, or can I restore my 0.27 db to
>>> the new machine, and then run mythtv-setup for 0.28 to upgrade the db?
>>>
>> Take a backup of the database from the 0.27 system and restore it on the
>> 0.28 system. Run the 0.28 setup or backend to upgrade the database.
>>

> Thank you, I wasn't clear if both systems needed to be on same version of
> myth before doing the db restore.

Note that if the hostname on the new (16.04) box is the same as it was
on the old one, all of your settings (and some other host related
things) will work just fine. If keeping the hostname is impossible, for
some reason, there's a way to use config.xml to preserve it. But it's
not the preferred solution.

--
Bill