[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:34:03 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 13/04/16 23:41, Kris Jensen wrote:
>

>> Hello List
>>
>> After I updated my Mythbuntu system to .28 from .27/fixs, Mythzmserver is
>> misbehaving with a segfault. And I haven't a clue why. It was ok before the
>> update. Current installed version of Mythzoneminder is
>> 0.28.0+fixes.20160413.15cf421
>>
>> Starting Mythzmserver from the command line with: “sudo mythzmserver -v
>> -c /etc/zm/zm.conf” Then trying to open a frontend ZM console/image/event
>> page will crash mythzmserver with the console output as:
>>
>> Is there some config option I missed that is needed after an update to
>> .28?
>>
>> Need some assistance please.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kris
>>

> No config changes required that I can think of.
>
> I think the failed monitor 9 and 10 are something to do with it. Why are
> those failing? Do they show up in ZoneMinder?
>
> If you run mythzmserver under gdb and get a backtrace it will give me an
> idea where to start looking to fix the segfault.
>
> $gdb mythzmserver
> gdb> run -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf
>
> then when it crashes
>
> gdb> bt
>
> will print out a backtrace.
>
> There are several pages on the wiki with help on getting a backtrace if
> you get stuck.
>
> Paul H.

Hi Paul, and Thanks.

I think I figured out what was causing the segfault with mythzmserver on my
system.

A few days before updating Mythtv to .28, I was making changes to my
Zoneminder setup. I had added a few cameras. Duplicates of existing cameras
but it's functions marked as “none” for testing and exploring Zoneminder's
“state” settings for cameras. I removed the duplicate test cameras and
mythzmserver is back to working as before.

I plan to set a few of my ZM cameras with a day/night state change. This is
going to require a duplicate of a few camera's, so I can change the
function's of the camera's from day to night.

Question: Why did mythzmserver segfault with the duplicate camera's
w/function marked as none?

Kris.