[mythtv-users] 0.28 is out

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:02:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:
> Wasn't mythtv-setup meant to be going to a web-based system rather than having to use X-over SSH/local GUI, on 0.28?

That was in the original plan (now for the next) but
schedules (there was a push to try to align with a
popular distro release cycle), and available "free time"
by people contributing to the code resulting in it
missing the "cut".  Either one needs more time, or
more active developers to achieve more features per
release.

That all said, a lot of the important plumbing is in
place, which opens up the possibility of others
with, for example, expertice in html, javascript,
ajax, etc.(*) contributing there so that the next
release is more feature complete.  I suspect
there are devs standing by to discuss your
plans to contribute on irc or the mythtv-dev list :-)

(*) A common theme among some that have wanted
to contribute is that the individuals do not possess
the skills in use by the project.  There is now a new
set of skills one could bring.