[mythtv-users] upgrade to 0.27.6 but got old theme

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Apr 12 21:45:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 02:03:26 PM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:33:30 PM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > > I just updated from 0.27.5 to 0.27.6 on Fedora 22, and use the
> MythCenter-wide theme.
> > >
> > > It seems like I have reverted to the old 0.27.4 theme though: I don't
> have circular scrolling in lists anymore, nor the clock on the Watch
> Recordings screen.
> > >
> > > But those items are in
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/recordings-ui.xml, which looks
> like
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/recordings-ui.xml
> > >
> > > Is there a cache or something that needs to be cleared?
> >
> > Interesting what a malformed comment will do... I've fixed it.
>
>         <buttonlist name="recgroups">
>             <arrange>stack</arrange>
>             <align>top,hcenter</align>
>             <spacing>0</spacing>
>             <scrollstyle>free</scrollstyle>
>             <wrapstyle>items</wrapstyle>
>
> but shouldn't the last line make the left column scroll circular? It used
> to.
>
> This works for the right column:
>
>         <buttonlist name="recordings" from="basebuttonlist2">
>             <area>370,54,880,350</area>
>             <buttonarea>0,36,880,270</buttonarea>
> <!-- items for circular wrapping -->
>             <wrapstyle>items</wrapstyle>

First, look in your ~/mythtv/.mythtv/themes/ (or wherever your myth
frontend user's home directory is located). If you have a mythcenter-wide
directory there, then it will override what's in /usr/share/mythtv/themes.

I have wrapstyle "items" for the recgroups (I think those are the recording
group buttons across the top), and wrapstyle "selection" for the groups
buttonlist (I think that's the left column) and the recordings buttonlist
(right column). Both wrap around (circular scrolling) as expected.

Karl