[mythtv-users] Bug #12688 ( Cannot watch live tv while another frontend is watching live tv )

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 12 11:19:06 UTC 2016

On 04/11/2016 08:09 PM, eric wrote:
> in regards to bug 12688 Cannot watch live tv while another frontend is
> watching live tv
>
> Should this bug really have been move to 0.29? This is kind of a
> problem new to 0.28. This issue didn't exist is 0.27 and only started
> happening after I upgrade to 0.28.

The milestone is only an indication of when it might be worked on. Since
0.28 is likely to come out soon and since no one seems to have time to
work on that issue before it does, the ticket was changed to reflect a
milestone of 0.29.

> I just tried deleting all my channels and recreating them in hopes
> that this would fix the issue... Sadly it did not

FWIW, this looks like an issue that's existed for a very long time
(always?).  Your start channel for Live TV on the 2nd frontend is 34
(and the start channel is set to whatever channel you're watching when
you exit Live TV), and when you enter Live TV, that channel is not
available, so it fails to start Live TV.  Ideally, MythTV would attempt
to tune some other channel in that case, but I don't think it's ever
been made to do so.

In 0.28, the workaround is to go to the Program Guide grid and use the
MENU to select "Watch This Channel" on some other channel that is
available from one of the other inputs.  See the top commit message at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/firehose/555894#555894 .

Mike