[mythtv-users] mythbackend hanging with busy disk

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:19:47 UTC 2016

On 4/9/16 9:05 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
>   5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   200   200   140    Pre-fail
> Always       -       0
> 196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age
> Always       -       0
> 197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age
> Always       -       0
> 198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   200   200   000    Old_age
> Offline      -       0

The above are measurements that indicate pending drive failure, so your
drive seems fine there (all 0).

> SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
> No self-tests have been logged.  [To run self-tests, use: smartctl -t]

This means that your system isn't set up to run self-sets via smartd.
It'd probably be a good idea to set it up to do so.  I think the default
config file has an example for daily short tests and weekly long tests.
 Add the flag to email yourself in case of trouble, and you may get the
chance to replace a failing drive before it's too late.

-WD