[mythtv-users] Xenial mysql 5.7 update

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 9 20:08:22 UTC 2016

On 04/09/2016 01:04 PM, jksjdevelop wrote:
> I have been running 0.28 on Xenial for a couple of weeks without any
> probs. However Xenial updated mysql to 5.7 yesterday which has created
> a few issues.
Looking at the xenial packages shows that mysql-server-5.6 and
mysql-client-5.6 are still available. You should be able to downgrade by
removing mysql-server and installing mysql-server-5.6, and the same with
the client. Unfortunately if you installed from the ppa packages that
may also uninstall mythtv.
Peter