[mythtv-users] lirc working in mythtv but not xine?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:53:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 5:53 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Mike,
>

> It worked when he pointed strait to /var/run/lirc/lircd. So that
> should be OK!
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Yup. It works and all that, but I find it really stunning that they
environment variable is required for xine to work. I'm actually not
sure if that's the fault of lirc or xine-ui. About a year ago I had to
update from xine-ui 0.99.7 to 0.99.9 (because of some dependencies I
recall) so I suppose it could be something there rather than lirc
itself.

Just astonishing that the defaults aren't getting used.

Tom