[mythtv-users] Need help with failed attempt to fix tuner problem

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 01:02:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could clue me in on why the perl script
> misbehaves when mythbackend invokes it vs. me invoking it on the command
> line.

Permissions (which can include acls or selinux
settings in addition to the legacy unix permissions)?
You could run everything under gdb (or perhaps strace)
to determine if that is a possibility.

In any case, you might want to review the channel
changing script at
   https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LircChannelChanger
which uses a shared memory semaphore (or
other options) to manage locking.  One of its
design points was to do locking right (or at least
better).