[mythtv-users] mythbackend hanging with busy disk

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:48:15 UTC 2016

Hi Hika,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

On 6 April 2016 at 20:05, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know where from you get "busy disk", but that would suggest to

I mean that the LED indicating HD access is permanently lit. Whilst
recording, it normally pulses every couple of seconds.

> me to check your disk smart etc. status. Also In the log fragment you

Thanks for the suggestion. I just installed smartctl. It returns:

SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

> give I see only one error and that seems to concern the driver:
> "Getting Frontend uncorrected block count failed.#012#011#011#011eno:
> Operation not supported (95)"

I also get this during successful recordings.

> Maybe you should check your cabling (and/or power supply). Maybe what
> it sees as encryption is data-corruption.

That is an interesting idea. It is in the middle of a successful
recording at the moment, and I am seeing several of these (for a
non-encrypted channel):

Apr  6 21:04:27 pan mythbackend: mythbackend[2136]: I DVBRead
mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp:1979 (ProcessEncryptedPacket)
MPEGStream[9](0x7f05e016
c2a8): PID 0xa0 status: Unknown

Looking back through the logs, these are in most recordings, in pairs
and threes, right back to when my logs start in July.

The busy disk problem has only been going on for a couple of months,
so I'm guessing that these encryption messages are a red herring.

Regards

Jeff