[mythtv-users] lirc working in mythtv but not xine?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Apr 5 00:31:33 UTC 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 09:23, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hm... looks like it doesn't find the socket. As of 0.9.2, the handling of
> > the  socket path is far from consistent in ircat.
> >
> > Looking at the code it looks like 0.9.2a support the LIRC_SOCKET_PATH
> > environment variable to determine the socket used. What happens if you
> set
> > this to the socket path you are using before invoking ircat?
> >

> > Cheers!
> >
> > --alec
>
> Excellent suggestion! That at least got ircat working:
>
> export LIRC_SOCKET_PATH=/var/run/lirc/lircd
>
> ircat mythtv
> Esc
> Esc
>
> ircat xine
> Quit
> Quit
> Quit
>
> Based on the remote key I was hitting, both of those are correct.
> However the fact remains that the remote isn't working in xine. Really
> odd...that's even more evidence that it should be working.
>
> When something runs out of mythtv using xine, the xine program ignores
> the remote. I have even less of a clue why now.
>
> Thanks for the ircat tip however!
> Tom

one thing to check is if xine is compiled with the --enable-lirc option as
per https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc/mailman/message/9206295/

The real question is why are you still using xine rather then the internal
player, if theres issues with the internal player you should raise a bug
with verbose playback logs and a sample snippet from the video.

Cheers,

Anthony