[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 29 19:07:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM, John Moore (Insight Global)
<v-johmo at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I understand that MythTV has many more abilities than many other options.  I like HDHR as a company which is why I have purchased their products, and currently looking at the CONNECT to see how it handles Over The Air signals.  And I have to believe that using the HDHR DVR to record and save the files it to MythTV maybe a simplified option.

I would say that the last sentence is 100% backwards.  Using HDHR DVR
with MythTV is a complicating factor which provides no benefits.  It
would be far better to connect the the CONNECT to MythTV directly or
to use HDHR DVR without MythTV.

Eric