[mythtv-users] Pilots and Premieres power search anyone?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:32:11 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone
>> have the search terms used for this?  IIRC it involved the episode
>> number
>

> Here is mine:
>
> program.first > 0 AND (program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001' OR program.subtitle
> LIKE '%Pilot%')
> AND program.originalairdate =
> DATE(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime,'UTC','SYSTEM'))  AND
> program.previouslyshown = 0
> AND program.category NOT IN (
>  'Travel',
>  'Sports Event',
>  'Sports Talk',
>  'Children',
>  'Public Affairs',
>  'Reality',
>  'Shopping',
>  'News',
>  'Cooking',
>  'Romance',
>  'Entertainment',
>  'Talk',
>  'Game Show',
>  'Music',
>  'Sports non-event'
>  )
>
> Doug

I have used Doug's power search with a few more categories added, and
it is working fine for the new season.  My question is this: Once I've
decided I don't want to watch a particular series and I select the
Edit Recording Rule for that program and tell it to never record, does
that affect the power search rule or is there a separate rule created
for each match the power search finds?  I'm afraid that I'll affect
all of the other series that are being recorded.

If it is the former, how do I change the rule under which the series I
want to keep is recorded? (i.e. remove it from the power search rule
and give it its own).

Thanks and regards,

-- Ken E.