[mythtv-users] Transcoding/Export userjob script

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Sep 27 20:03:51 UTC 2015

On 27/09/15 14:59, Kevin Wisher wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Longtime Myth user, new to the mailing list and forums. I am looking for
> suggestions for a userjob script to transcode recordings to remove
> commercials, rename the file to something user friendly, and then either
> using ffmpeg or handbrake to format the file for mobile devices.
>
>  From my extensive Google searching, this site has the best example for
> what I want to accomplish,
> http://tech.surveypoint.com/posts/mythtv-transcoding-with-handbrake/. I
> am not dead set on using this specific users script but I cannot get it
> to work and would appreciate any help to make it work. I am open to any
> other solutions to accomplish the same end result.
>
> I found a forum post related to this script here:
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=80
>
> My modified script:
> http://dpaste.com/146YRSC
>
> Thanks for any help & suggestions.

Hi:  First - two related posts from you have appeared, but aren't
threaded.  I guess that's because gmail doesn't show you your own posts.

Any script doing what you want will have to use several tools, and a
failure in any of them will make the entire thing 'fail to work.'
To get help you'll need to give more details of how it's failing.

I don't see a command in your script that will run commflag before
attempting to generate a cutlist from the results.  You'll have to
ensure that commflagging has been done first, and that you trust the
results.

I can't comment on the HandBrake commands (I've never used it), or the
way the commands are passed to MySQL.

John P