[mythtv-users] Transcoding/Export userjob script

Kevin Wisher kevin.wisher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:59:06 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Longtime Myth user, new to the mailing list and forums. I am looking for
suggestions for a userjob script to transcode recordings to remove
commercials, rename the file to something user friendly, and then either
using ffmpeg or handbrake to format the file for mobile devices.

>From my extensive Google searching, this site has the best example for what
I want to accomplish,
http://tech.surveypoint.com/posts/mythtv-transcoding-with-handbrake/. I am
not dead set on using this specific users script but I cannot get it to
work and would appreciate any help to make it work. I am open to any other
solutions to accomplish the same end result.

I found a forum post related to this script here:
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=80

My modified script:
http://dpaste.com/146YRSC

Thanks for any help & suggestions.