[mythtv-users] Problems with two tuners

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sat Sep 26 00:40:15 UTC 2015

Hi all -
Currently running Myth 0.27.5-fixes (latest version, I believe it's
20150921) on Ubuntu 14.04.

First - I have a 1st-gen HD-PVR, which, other than the power-brick
issues (I've gone through three of them) has worked fine; using
component+SPDIF.  It's running an older firmware (20140604), which I
think I remember being told was a good one to stay with.

However, there are a FEW channels I can't record with it.  MOST work
fine, but with those few I get zero-byte recordings, and when it
attempts to record, I get the error message:

"303: Failure to load a resource.  Unable to load resources. Error
#2124." - however, this looks like it might be an issue with the
FlowPlayer in MythWeb trying to play an empty file, and not the primary
problem.

Second:  I also have an HDHR Prime with CableCard.  I pretty much can't
record anything with it.  It tries (tuner LED comes on), but I get the
same zero-byte recordings and the same error as above.

I only have one set of channels (one video source) that I use with both
of these (I know I won't get HBO on the Prime, but most of the
non-premium channels should work, given that I have a CableCard, right
(Time Warner SUCKS in regard to copy-freely, though, I know))?

On the HDHR Prime CableCard setting page, I it apears that it should be
OK, no?

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer	Motorola
Card Authentication	success
Card Validation	        success
3DES encryption	        supported
OOB Frequency	        75.250 MHz
OOB Lock	        2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength	        92% (-5.1 dBmV)
Signal Quality	        73% (23.6 dB)
Channel List	        tuning-resolver

The listings come in from Schedules Direct just fine.
On the channels I'm having problems with on the HD-PVR, the xmltv ID
numbers match up with what Schedules Direct has in their database.

Help as to where the fault might be would be appreciated.  All looks OK
in the channel editor.

Thanks in advance...!
Bob