[mythtv-users] Mythtv Sql DB....which table/field tells myth to query the external databases?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:27:46 UTC 2015

> On 25 Sep 2015, at 8:30 am, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I'm just trying to do some housekeeping of my video library and as
>> part of the process want to tidy up some of the metadata that's been
>> collected in the past.
>>
>> To this end I want to tell the database to 're-collect' from ttvdb and
>> tmdb using the grabbers, while I appreciate I can go through every
>> instance manually and tell the episode to regrab as there's a lot of
>> them I'd rather have a rule based script that resets the appropriate
>> flag in the DB to tell the grabber to activate on the next scan.
>>
>> I would have thought it might have been collectionref field in
>> videometadata table or somewhere there but can't see it.......can
>> anyone give me a quick pointer to save having to read for an hour.
>
> Check out mythmetadatalookup --help.

Mythmetadatalookup was my thought too, but it may go through and redo all recordings as well (which may or may not be an issue for you).

I had long running issues with mythvideo some time ago. I'm not sure I recall 100% but I think I set the processed flag back to 0 in videometadata to re trigger the matching process and metadata lookup.

But the supported way is to probably remove your video directory from the video storage group, scan for changes which will wipe your video database clean, add the directory back and then scan for changes to bring everything back. I didn't want to use this method personally because I had probably some 300 odd video files that myth wouldn't correctly identify because it can't parse the year in the file name and I didn't want to manually rematch them all again.