[mythtv-users] Restoring backup to a new backend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 24 17:10:02 UTC 2015

On 09/24/2015 12:55 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> The hard part, though, is not messing up the account/permissions on
> your MySQL server--where not messing them up tends to require
> knowledge of how your distro/packages create and maintain MySQL users
> (and, possibly, how/whether they create a MySQL user for MythTV).

And the obligatory, "This would be so much easier for all users if we
just used an embedded MySQL database that's configured and maintained by
MythTV rather than relying on a system-wide database management system
that's configured differently by different distros/packages and may be
supporting many different databases for other applications and/or custom
databases for the user."  ;)

Mike