[mythtv-users] questions about DCX-3200M + HDPVR1 + Shaw

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Sep 24 16:21:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can set channel priority on every channel. So if you have the same
> channel from multiple sources, set the priority accordingly to your
> preferences.

I don't think that's how it works.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO#Scheduling_Recordings

Per channel Setup->TV Settings->Recording Priorities->Channel
Priorities can be useful if you believe that you prefer any of the
shows on certain channels. This would give all shows on a channel an
advantage by default.

What this means is that if you have a scheduling conflict, MythTV will
choose to record the show on the preferred channel and not record the
show on the less preferred channel.  If there's no conflict, I don't
think channel priorities will influence which channel is used to
record a show.

Eric