[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: Mythnews disappears and Music schema update notice

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 21:17:39 UTC 2015

mythtv at sky.com>> wrote:

>>     Each plugin has it own schema version and we store the version in
>>     the settings table so for MythNews it's 'NewsDBSchemaVer'.
>>
>>     The database upgrade code looks at the schema version in the
>>     settings table and only attempts to update it if it is lower than
>>     the actually schema version.
>>
>>     Assuming no update to the plugins was performed this looks like a
>>     DB corruption problem of some sort so running
>>     <http://optimize_mythdb.pl><http://optimize_mythdb.pl>
>>     opttimize_mythdb.pl would be a good idea.
>>

>>     If you have dropped the MythNews table you will have to remove the
>>     'NewsDBSchemaVer' schema version setting in the settings table to
>>     get the plugin to recreate the tables.
>>

>> Just to clarify your last sentence...if I uninstall
Mythnews/weather/music, and drop their tables, I then set the corresponding
SchemaVer to blank? i.e UPDATE settings SET NewsDBSchemaVer='';

> That should be more like:
> UPDATE settings SET data = '' WHERE value = 'NewsDBSchemaVer';
>
> but in this case I would just remove the setting and allow the plugin to
recreate it.
> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value = 'NewsDBSchemaVer';
>
> You shouldn't need to re-install anything unless you suspect something
other than the DB is corrupt - just close the frontend before you do
anything and when it's restarted the plugins will create the tables and
setting for you. IIRC when the FE starts you will be prompted do you want
to backup and update the DB.

> If as Mike suggested the various plugin DB tables are infact correct but
it's the various *DBSchemaVer settings that are wrong you could first try
updating the *DBSchemaVer values in the settings table to match the schema
versions that way you wont have to recreate all your news feeds, weather
settings and music settings.

> Looks like they should be for 0.27.5-fixes :-
> NewsDBSchemaVer  1001
> MusicDBSchemaVer  1020
> WeatherDBSchemaVer 1006
>

>> For the record, here are the other values:
>>
>> DBSchemaVer     1317     NULL
>> ArchiveDBSchemaVer     1005     NULL
>> GameDBSchemaVer     1016     NULL
>> MusicDBSchemaVer     1000     NULL
>> PhoneDBSchemaVer     1001     NULL
>> WeatherDBSchemaVer     1000     NULL
>> BrowserDBSchemaVer     1002     NULL
>> NetvisionDBSchemaVer     1004     NULL
>> NewsDBSchemaVer     1000     NULL
>> WebDBSchemaVer     4     NULL
>> GalleryDBSchemaVer     1003     NULL
>>

> Really strange how it has only affected those plugin. If you haven't
already done it I would run opttimize_mythdb.pl just to be sure.

> Paul H.

I'm scratching my head too. Ghost in the machine? Safe to assume the tables
to drop are newssites, weather*,  and music*?