[mythtv-users] OT: default routes

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:26:51 UTC 2015

Hoi Hika,

> Hoi Jan,

> Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 3:15:12 PM, you wrote:

>>> But in this case, it's more complicated than can be done in just the routing tables.

>> OK, maybe I'm assuming too much. My assumption is that the VPN is set up
>> from a machine on the LAN (i.e. a machine other than the gateway whose
>> routing rules we're discussing here), so that all we need to accomplish
>> is that packets whose destination is the remote VPN server are routed
>> towards the correct ISP.

>> If your assumption is the correct-one, then we'll need a lot more info
>> on the use case. That info might enable us to understand why the VPN is
>> working via one ISP but not the other.

>> Jan

> The VPN server is running on the router and there are two VPNs: One a
> remote network with a changing internet IP and the other my roaming
> laptop or tablet.

Oh, and as I said it's not the traffic, but the build-up and
maintenance of the tunnel. If there is a tunnel in existence and I
change the default route from the pppoe connection ending on the
router to the other new one ending on it's own modem/router and
connected through a dedicated nic, the connection is broken!

Tot mails,
  Hika Alina Maria van den Hoven                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop