[mythtv-users] Mythnews disappears and Music schema update notice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 23 11:44:18 UTC 2015

On 09/23/2015 06:08 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Must admit it puzzling how it's got in this state even DB corruption
> doesn't really explain the logs.

This sounds to me like a crashed (and/or corrupted/data-lost-from)
settings table--and as if the entire Music/News DB Schema is fine.
However, without full logs, that's just a guess.  (I really wish people
would post full logs instead of excerpts.  Generally, the person who
needs help is probably not the best person to determine which parts of
the logs are unimportant.)

If some of the settings table data is corrupted and/or missing, there's
no telling what else is broken in the configuration.  If that's the
case, this may be one of the few times when a (proper) partial DB
restore is a good approach (rather than a waste of time/placebo).
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup

Mike