[mythtv-users] 0.28 or port external recorder?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Sep 22 15:48:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Fred Hamilton <fred at yonkitime.com> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> > Be aware that if you upgrade to 0.28 you will lose the use of mythweb.
> There is a built-in webserver on the backend but I don't know how developed
> it is. It is doubtful if it fully replicates all the mythweb functionality
> yet.
>
> Mythweb's also worked fine for as long as I can remember.   There may
> be functionality I'm not aware of, but I can schedule programs, see
> upcoming, delete shows, edit channels, etc.  I *think* streaming media
> via the web browser is working, too, but I don't use it so I might be
> wrong about that or it might be unreliable.  I'm honestly not aware of
> any area where 0.28 hasn't seemed to be ready for release for the last
> 6 months - I think the developers are just being very cautious and I'm
> sure there are corner cases (hardware and features) that I'm not
> using/aware of that they may still be working on.
>
> But as a daily driver it's been working great.

That's interesting. The developers have said there were breaking schema
changes which weren't going to be brought forward with mythweb (since
no-one has stepped forward to do that work). Glad it's still working now,
though, and maybe the changes won't be so big to make mythweb work
"properly" with 0.28 (if it's still needed/desired).

Karl