[mythtv-users] 0.28 or port external recorder?

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Tue Sep 22 15:30:44 UTC 2015

On Sep 22, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> Be aware that if you upgrade to 0.28 you will lose the use of mythweb. There is a built-in webserver on the backend but I don't know how developed it is. It is doubtful if it fully replicates all the mythweb functionality yet.

Mythweb's also worked fine for as long as I can remember.   There may
be functionality I'm not aware of, but I can schedule programs, see
upcoming, delete shows, edit channels, etc.  I *think* streaming media
via the web browser is working, too, but I don't use it so I might be
wrong about that or it might be unreliable.  I'm honestly not aware of
any area where 0.28 hasn't seemed to be ready for release for the last
6 months - I think the developers are just being very cautious and I'm
sure there are corner cases (hardware and features) that I'm not
using/aware of that they may still be working on.

But as a daily driver it's been working great.