[mythtv-users] Audio amplifiers for myth systems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Sep 21 13:19:50 UTC 2015

I am looking for hardware recommendations.  I would like to replace my
ancient receiver with something smaller and less power hungry.  I only
use it for amplifying the audio from my TV, and to drive my 5.1 speaker
system.

So...  Any recommendations for a decent consumer quality amp that can
take a typical 2-channel TV out, split it into 5.1, and amplify it to
drive decent speakers?  It needs to have a volume control, too.

I know this is fairly broad, but I am not in the market for high-end
stuff; just good quality stuff.

Thanks.